Wednesday, July 6, 2011

What's Cookin' Good Lookin' Wednesday

Happy Wednesday!

My recipe today is a super healthy one.  I give you...Broccoli Chow Mein

Ingredients

3 stalks broccoli, chopped
1 tablespoon oil
1/2 cup water
1/2 pound mung bean sprouts (I don't like these so I skip them)
1/2 cup slivered almonds or sunflower seeds (optional)
1 tablespoon arrowroot or corn starch (I do corn starch)
1/2 cup water
1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce or tamari (I use soy sauce)
1 teaspoon sesame oil (optional)

Instructions
Stir-fry broccoli in oil and 1/2 cup water for 3 minutes over medium-high heat.
Add bean sprouts and almonds or seeds.
Stir-fry for 2 more minutes.
Dissolve starch in 1/2 cup water.
Add to broccoli and sprout mixture along with tamari or soy sauce and sesame oil if desired.
Stir, then heat covered for 1 minute longer.
Serve hot.

I serve mine over rice usually. The last time I made it though, I served it over quinoa.
broccoli over quinoa
This is another recipe from The International Vegetarion Union.  It has a huge list of recipes and it organizes them by country which is really nice if your looking for a specfic style of food. A great resource for anyone looking for a variety of vegetarian recipes.

And just for giggles, Mr. Boy Cat.
He just has to be in the middle of everything I do, he can't help himself!

Till tomorrow,
M

No comments:

Post a Comment