Tuesday, July 5, 2011

What was I thinking?


I guess I enjoy torturing myself. I hate cabling, only because it feels awkward for me and the correct way to do it is not my instinctual way to do it. So I find it to be a pain. However, I love the way it looks. Soo what do I do? Choose an entirely cabled mitten (3 separate cables to be exact) that comes pretty far down the arm. This is just the part BEFORE the thumb gusset increasing starts. Shoot me now. O and did I mention I'm double stranding these mitts as well? Ya I know I'm nuts.


The plan for these bad boys is another birthday knitting project for a very special somebody! I probably won't post them completed until after I have given her the gift (assuming these will turn out the way I want).

This is the pattern for these lovelies. The plan is to use the idea from this pattern for the flip top. We'll see how it goes. I hope it works out though because these mitts are so pretty and I love the versitility of having the flip top. 

Wish me luck!

Riz

No comments:

Post a Comment