Wednesday, July 20, 2011

The Cabled Mitts



Phew finally. If you would like to make these here is the pattern.

My changes: double stranded, size 8 dpns, no cable repeat on the top of the mitten, coff/on 13 sts 4 rows after reserving sts for thumb, 2x2 ribbing for the bottom of the cuff.

What I would do in the future: I wouldn't convert it to a mitten flap. I wouldn't do the repeat on the arm and might do the repeat on the top. Single stranded.

I can't say for certain that I won't do these again, but at the very least it won't be in the near future. The cables were t e d i o u s. I'm just glad they're done. I hope the recipient likes them. I'm worried about the mitten flap area. I tacked down the sides of those flaps but I just don't think they'll stand up to the wear.

Night/Morning,

R

No comments:

Post a Comment