Sunday, July 3, 2011

The Owl Mittens!


Done! These are sooo thick and cozy! This is the pattern if you're interested. I had two skeins and have plenty left over.

Here are my changes:

1. Double stranded worsted weight yarn (Lion Brand Wool-Ease worsted weight, color natural heather) PS: I HATE double stranding, but I really like the finished product, so thick and warm, but such a pain to do
2. Size US 8 double pointed needles for the whole mitten
3. 20 rows of 2x2 rib for the cuff

After these changes they fit perfectly. If I had followed the pattern they would have been too small. I also knit pretty tightly.

I would definitely suggest this pattern. I really like the style of increases for the thumb gusset. I also liked the top of the mitten shaping method. Both were new to me.

I have to wait months now to give it to my friend for her bday! Boo. I am terrible at waiting.

Now I have to decide if I want the button eyes or not (notice the last picture). Initially I thought I didn't want them but now seeing them on there I kinda like them. Hmm. I'll decide after I block them.

R

PS: What I am loving today =

The fact that the more you knit the better you get and the more you learn!

Update:
I added the buttons!
I love them! Eventhough sewing those bad boys on was not fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment