Friday, July 15, 2011

R.I.P. Harry Potter

I sat unblinking, unmoving, with my heart beating and my hands on the sides of my face the entire movie.
I have bloodshot eyes, a massive headache and feel like I just had the most stressful day of my life. And it was only 2 hours and change.

It was that epic. Epic, that's the word. It was epic.

I know I will never experience a movie watching experience like that again. But I am so grateful that I had the opportunity to live it.

It's so amazing that a story, just something someone created in their mind has so completely altered my life. And that amazing story, how it was created into amazing movies with extraordinary movie making and the perfect cast. It's the perfect combination.

Thank you J.K. Rowling for what you have given an entire generation. You have forever changed our lives for the better and we are all so thankful to you for creating such an amazing story that lives in our hearts.

Thank you Warner Bros. for doing J.K's story justice and creating films that bring these words into reality.

The best word I can use to describe how I am feeling right now is moved. Harry Potter is a story with hero's and villains, the fight to find the best in people, and the never ending fight for the greater good.

The story has touched me. Not only does the story touch me, but I feel like it grew up with me. Alongside me. It was always there through the years. I think that's why it has so deeply touched me. There is so much too it, but in the end I feel like it's an old friend, a dear old friend.

Oddly enough I don't feel sad. I'm not mourning the loss. Because I don't feel like I lost anything. I feel fulfilled. Like I actually watched someone else grow up alongside me and I have come full circle and seen their happy ending.

I know there are many people around my age that feel the same way I do. And I know there are still many others who didn't have this experience and don't feel this connection with the story. They may look at us funny or make fun of us for getting so worked up over a story. But you see they don't understand what they've missed out on so they could never truly understand. And they could maybe never understand even if they tried. Because you see it's more than a story to us, it was an evolution of a story that also became intertwined in our own lives from childhood to adulthood.

Farewell Harry Potter, and Thank You.

Riz

No comments:

Post a Comment