Monday, July 25, 2011

Warrior Rising

Finally I have officially read this entire series...



Warrior Rising by P.C. Cast is about the story of Achilles. It was very good. Another one of my favorites I'd say. Different twist on the theme of the other novels. Still involved the soul of a modern woman placed in the body of an ancient woman. And it was hilarious.

Thank you public library for ordering this for me! I didn't even know this was possible and I kinda felt like a bossy ass for asking (don't ask me why). I also put in a request for the rest of the Susanna Kearsley books. Still no word on that.

But seriously lets talk about how state of the art the library is. I know, I know I've said it before but seriously it's nuts. Lyddy can back me up on this, she was there when I picked this one up. You fill out a form to request the book you want with your info on it. They send you an email when it's in. Then apparently (I didn't know this) there is a wall that has all of these books waiting for people to pick up alphabetized with your name on it. Crazy I tell ya. Then you just check it out with the machines yourself and you're doneso.

So once again thank you public library for ordering this book for me. Oddily enough you had every other book in this series except this one. So actually I was kinda doing you a favor.

Riz

PS: Lyddy and I spent the day at the pool. Amazing. So I skipped my class and decided to just go to the lab (lab TA sent out another nasty-gram, ugh). Well karma hit me hard. Took me an hour and a half to get to school. It usually takes me anywhere from 30-45 minutes. So of course I was late to lab where we were actually doing something I needed to know. Worst day to be late, ever. And I was burnt to hell and my hair was still wet from the pool so it looked bad. Then I was in class for the remaining 30 minutes, which was just long enough for me to get a parking ticket. Then I had to drive all the way back home. Best day ever to worst day ever.

PSS: On a lighter note. Lyddy and I will be spending tomorrow at the pool as well and then meeting an old friend for lunch we haven't seen in months! Gotta love that.

No comments:

Post a Comment