Tuesday, July 5, 2011

weekend recap

Hope everyone had a fun and safe holiday weekend!

We sure did over in our neck of the woods. We played cornhole (my hand eye coordination leaves a lot to be desired), ate lots of food, and watched fireworks! I don't know about anyone else, but there is something cool to me about the fact that the majority of the country is all watching fireworks together.  It's weird, but it is always the thought that comes to my mind when your sitting there with a bunch of strangers oohhinngg and awwingg over the fireworks.

Anywho, back to this weekend.  I got to craft a smidge.
I made a trifle to bring the b.friend's fam party.  I was pretty happy with how it came out.  Mine was the only festive dish which made me feel alittle silly, but I still love it.  I keep telling Riz, once you move out, you will slowly but surely turn into our Cat.  Case in point, Cat loves herself festive dishtowels that you can buy in a 3 pack at like Kohl's.  We always gave her a hard time telling her they were kind of cheesy. Guess who had to stop herself from buying my very own 3 pack last thanksgiving? Yup you guessed it.  I gasped in the middle of the isle while disgruntled ladies powered by me looking for all their sale items.  It's all good though, we love our lil' Cat to pieces, I'm ok with taking on some of her habits!

So, that's my little tid bit about my weekend! Happy 4 day week!
M

No comments:

Post a Comment