Wednesday, June 15, 2011

What's Cookin' Good Lookin' Wednesday

It's that time of week again, WCGLW is here!

So my vegetarian recipe for you guys today may seem like a no brainer, but it's a staple at my house.  This is also perfect for those thinking of different ways to incorporate meatless options without taking the full blown plunge into vegetarianism.

And it is...drum roll please...

Crockpot Macaroni and Cheese!


mine in my mini crockpot
This gem is from the blog A Year of Slow Cooking.  If you haven't checked it out, go now, your kitchen will never be the same.  Another plus, it is not just a vegetarian blog, she has something for everyone.
Anywho, click the link for the recipe, she has a bunch of suggestions as well as her thoughts about how it came out.

One suggestion I will give, instead of using shredded cheese, I would buy it in a block and shred it yourself.  If you buy it shredded, I feel like the consistency isn't as creamy as it could be.  Oh, and don't skip the dry mustard, otherwise it's a bit bland.

Happy eating,
M

No comments:

Post a Comment