Saturday, June 11, 2011

Book Worm


Remember the Beauty and the Beast library? We were (are) huge Disney fans, and I remember immediately wanting a library like that in the castle. I would want mine a little cozier with a fireplace, the ladders, the whole bit. If I can't have my library (god forbid) I'll settle for a reading room. Either way, there must be a designated area. I can never seem to find a good place to read. Maybe I just need to borrow Oprah's tree.

I have been a busy little reader these past couple of days. I have finally had a chance to dive into those library books!


Heart of the matter by Emily Giffin is about a tragic event that brings two unsuspecting women together. Another love story.


Baby Proof by Emily Giffin is about a seemingly perfect couple who find each other later in life and have it in common that they do not want children. Then their lives change abruptly. Another love story as well.

Each of these were a tad predictable. They brought in characters from her previous books which I enjoyed. Maybe they were just predictable since I have read all of her books now, who knows, they're still worth reading. I like Baby Proof more than Heart of the matter but Something Blue still remains my favorite of all of her books.


The Shadowy Horses by Susanna Kearsley I just finished about a minute ago which is why I am posting this so late. It was great just as Winter Sea was. I am really enjoying this author. Just the right balance of everything I like in a book. Mystery, romance, the supernatural, and history. Love it. She seems to be somewhat undiscovered as well so definitely check her out here. Don't get me wrong I was a little concerned when Winter Sea was only $3 on the kindle and that turned out to be amazing. And then this book is called Shadowy Horses?!? Sorry but I am not a horse person and the name and book cover make it seem like one of those horse books, you know what I am talking about. But don't be fooled my friends, don't be fooled. Anyway this wonderful book is about a young archaeologist who takes a job in Scotland where her ex is working on a job site of a very wealthy but controversial archaeologist following a hunch that they should dig at this particular site on the edge of Scottish harbor. Another love story. Duh.

So I have two books left. I will be breaking my own rules and reading a book that I have already seen the movie of. We will see how it goes. Lil sis says its worth it because they are very different, or different enough to read. I guess I just want to be able to say I have read every single Nicholas Sparks book. Ego. Except for Dear John. I can't bear to read that after seeing the movie. I don't think I have cried more over a movie in my l i f e. I think the story line hit too close to home for me, being ripped away from someone you love with no choice in the matter. Like putting salt on a wound. I will never forgive Cat for letting me watch that movie. I think I went through a whole role of TP. (we don't bother buying tissues or napkins for that matter, we just wipe our tears and our butts with TP and wipe our mouths and hands with paper towels, another Cat thing, can't say I won't do the same, actually we don't really even use paper towels to wipe our hands, waste of paper, what do we use paper towels for?... ANYWAYS)

Sorry for being sideways, you get the idea.

I think its the lack of sleep. Poor boo (Lucy) has been kept up two nights in a row now because of my reading. Thankfully for her I bought some Tylenol PM today so I can try to get myself back on a normal sleeping schedule. I have never had trouble sleeping unless I am in a terrible emotional/physical state. But once my schedule gets out of whack I'm a goner. M too. In high school she would stay up all night and sleep the second she got home from school. Weird. J our lil bro does the same exact thing. Bunch of weirdos. Maybe I already told you that story.

ANYWAYS, jeez I'm really distracted tonight. Happy weekend everyone!

R

PS: What I am loving today =


No comments:

Post a Comment