Monday, June 27, 2011

I need a breather

Sorry for being MIA. Kitty daddy said it best the other day, we needed a vacation from our vacation!  Gosh, I just felt like we were running all over the place trying to see everyone and do everything.  And on top of it all I am extremely anti-social and being around people constantly is physically/mentally exhausting.  Does anyone else feel this way?

So it was back to work today and all was well except for the lady who flipped out on me towards the end of the day.  It always amazes me the way people will act when they are told no. It is just sad when a grown adult will swear and yell and pretty much throw a full fledged tantrum just because they didn't get their way.  And I am the type of person where even if I could help you, the more f bombs you throw at me, the less motivated I am to help you.  Goodness, people can be so rude.

Oh well, I just always tell myself that their anger probably has very little to do with me, they are probably just going through some stuff personally and taking it out on the world.

Anyways, I am currently reading through the archives of a blog I really like, Rockstar Diaries. I was just reading these posts where people shared the little things in life that made them happy.  This inspired me and since I've been feeling a little overwhelmed with life and since second session of summer school starts tomorrow (dun dun dun...) I thought I'd share a list of little things that make me happy.

1. Winter time right before christmas where everything is very festive
2. Leaving the windows open in that perfect weather so the breeze can come through and make the house smell so fresh
3. The smell of Grammie.  I don't know what it is but I love it.  If it were a room spray I would buy it by the dozen
4. A good book
5. A clinically clean kitchen
6. When all the laundry is washed, folded, and put away
7. When B smiles at me
8. Freshly painted toe nails
9. That first glass of water in the morning when your mouth feels like the saharra
10. The thought that something silly you made for someone brightened their day just a little bit

#2
photo credit
M

No comments:

Post a Comment