Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Rude or not, you decide

photo credit
Ok people I have a senario/question to throw out there.  I know I haven't posted a ton about crafting but I love it.  Especially homemade gifts, cards, and desserts.  Soooo, for any occasion at work, I always make a card then bake something.

Today at work, I was shamelessly showing off my crafts to a new employee when the birthday card I made someone was no longer hanging at their desk. I looked around assuming it had fallen or been moved.  It was nowhere to be found.  Later I found out the person had thrown it out!!  Now, don't get me wrong, I didn't slave over this card and the individual in question and I aren't biffles, but come on now, how ya' gonna do me like that??

To make a long story short, I didn't make a big deal out of it but I was definitely offended. Like, at least lie and say you took it home, or blame it on the cleaning crew, something...anything.  Needless to say, that is the last time I waste my crafting on them.

But my question for you is, would you ever throw something away that someone made you.  I can understand if someone just bought you a whatever card from Wal-Mart, ya I probably wouldn't keep that either.  But something that involved scrapbooking paper and stamps and had everyones little bday messages in it?  Would you just pitch it like yesterdays half a tuna sandwich? (I hate tuna p.s.)

I personally would not.  Maybe because I know the effort people put into things they make and when someone gives you something homemade it is to make you feel special and appreciated.  But I don't know, maybe it's just me....

M

No comments:

Post a Comment