Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Another recipe...

I also have a great recipe to share! It's Ina Garten's peanut butter frosting. Yum! Now Ina and our family did not start off on the right foot. By foot I mean footaroni and cheese. That is the name we gave one of Ina's mac and cheese recipes that our Mom made a couple of years ago. It tasted like straight feet.

After that horrific experience we were very cautious when it came to Ina's recipes. But one day I was watching the food network and watched Ina make homemade chocolate cupcakes with peanut butter frosting. It looked amazing! So I made a chocolate cake (cake mix) and made this frosting recipe for our Dad's bday and it was delish!

Recipe credit

Kathleen's Peanut Butter Icing:

  • 1 cup confectioners' sugar
  • 1 cup creamy peanut butter
  • 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
  • 3/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1/3 cup heavy cream
Place the confectioners' sugar, peanut butter, butter, vanilla, and salt in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Mix on medium-low speed until creamy, scraping down the bowl with a rubber spatula as you work. Add the cream and beat on high speed until the mixture is light and smooth.

I was not opposed to making my own cake but I read once that there is no noticeable difference between a homemade cake batter and a store bought one, so I just opted for store bought.

I toped my cake with chocolate chips as opposed to chopped peanuts as suggested by Ina. This recipe is delicious and not too sweet.

Enjoy!

R

No comments:

Post a Comment