Thursday, June 23, 2011

These are a few of my favorite things...


photo credit





1. Grande non-fat chai tea latte. Usually paired with a blueberry scone.

2. Eee PC. M and I both have these netbooks. The Asus brand was recommended to us by a Best Buy employee. I love my little pink netbook and M loves her white one but I am kicking myself for not going with the iPad. My computer has worked great until recently. It won't let me play videos without freezing up on me. Apparently it is overheating and there's really nothing you can do about it. Netbook and case only cost me $300 and it is perfect to tote around to school and take notes on in class which is what I needed it for most.

3. Hobby Lobby. I love Hobby Lobby. They just built a new huge one in our town near M's apartment. Craft heaven! And everything is always on sale.

4. Vintage Coach. My newest purse obsession is vintage coach bags I get at goodwill. I have about 5 now and I am sure there will always be more added to my collection.

5. Lubriderm Body Lotion. This is my favorite body lotion. I coat myself in lotion everyday and this is by far my favorite brand. It moisturizes without being oily or stinky. It is expensive thought. You can get a value pack at Costco but it's still expensive, considering how quickly I go through lotion.

6. Rompers. Rompers are my go to outfits in the summer. Lightweight enough to keep me cool in hot Midwest weather. Cute enough to wear out. Not fussy since you don't have to bother with a top and a bottom. And i think flattering since it just kind of hangs on you. Love them. I am always looking for more.

7. iPhone. I have to say I will never go back to any other type of phone. I will have the 3Gs for 2 years in December and I love it so much. So convenient! The maps have saved us more times than we can count. Back in the day M and I got stuck in a terrible storm and decided to turn around when we were about halfway to school. Well we got very lost and maps saved us. On the drive to Maine our TomTom freaked out and told us to turn around. Once again maps saved us.

8. Kotex. Last but not least, Kotex. My favorite brand of feminine hygiene products. I use their thin pantie liners and plastic tampons. And they are the cheapest!

I am about to start Goddess of Love and just stumbled upon a great post at A CUP OF JO. She discussed this great website called What should I read next? This is exactly what I have been looking for! So anyway she asked her readers to post some of their favorite books, so from that I have compiled a next-to-read list.

The Time Travelers Wife by  Audrey Niffenegger

White Oleander by Janet Fitch

The Help by Kathryn Stockett

The Glass Castle by Jeanette Walls

The History of Love by Nicole Krauss

Some of these are non-fiction which isn't really my thing as we know but all of these books were highly recommended so I will give them a try. Remember the kindle post? Well my library already has the ebook program! And the majority of these books were on it. Oddly enough though I was not excited as I should have been. But there is just something about having the book in your hand when you read. It reminds me of the debate on The View with Woopie and I forget who about the eReaders vs. actual books. It is better for the trees though. Something else surprising was that the books that they offer as ebooks they do not offer as hard copies, crazy huh? I have a feeling that's where it is all going. There won't be libraries or books anymore. Just ebooks. Kind of sad don't you think? Our library doesn't even have a checkout counter anymore! Just self checkout lines! Whatever is the best for the environment is the best for me, even if it does make me nostalgic.

R

No comments:

Post a Comment