Thursday, June 30, 2011

My latest crafting adventure...

Finally I am posting my current craft project. Drum roll please...



This my friends is going to be a big uber fat COWL! Love cowls. I am just winging this one. I was inspired by this cowl, of course found on Etsy. It's for one of my good friends bday's. Shh! Don't tell her! I hope she doesn't read this post... Well while I'm at it. I will also be making her these gloves. I hope they come out good and she likes them!

First off I would have totally bought this cowl instead of making it. Which sounds like a cop out because it's not hard, but it just takes f o r e v e r. And I get bored. Fast. But the price was just too steep considering I could easily make it. Sooo here I am. At least I started way early, and I am using my biggest needles and chunkiest wool.

One of my summer goals was to make (start) my xmas gifts which I try to keep completely handmade. So this is where it has started and still is. I need to get on that. I am coming down from my book phase so it should only be a matter of time before I start up the knitting again. I'll keep you posted.

By the way I am so thankful to all of those talented folks out there that post their patterns for FREE online. Those of us who still can't figure out (maybe never) how to make their own patterns are so grateful for you. THANK YOU!


My all time favorite cowl I have made so far is the one I made for lil sis last xmas. Thanks lil bro for the modeling. I made it out of baby alpaca wool, it is so soft. It was a labor of love that's for sure because those are just continuous cables! The pattern can be found here.

Anywho, i will make sure to post a pic in a few months with the finished products after she has opened them!

R

PS: So looking forward to ... sleepover with M on friday!! What shall we do lil sis? Smores, cuddle, board games, cuddle... the possibilities are endless!

So NOT looking forward to ... being the #1 Dennis babysitter all next week. Someone save me. We can only hope she will only want to be a cuddle bug and not whine for her mother the whole time. Wishful thinking I know. Cat already started crying even thinking about being away from her for a week (insert eye roll). Lady also out of the blue decided she is afraid of rain and storms. She's been hanging out with boo (Lucy) too much. So she proceeds to throw herself at everyones door until someone lets her into their room. Joy.

Welcome back to the 3 ring circus, we'll be here all week.

No comments:

Post a Comment