Monday, June 6, 2011

Vaca!!

Happy Monday!

Thought I would share what is making me happy this monday with everyone.  The b.friend and I just finalized our plans to go visit his family in North Carolina in a few weeks and I am too excited!  They live in a log cabin with a wrap around porch in the Smoky Mountians, it is soooo pretty and relaxing.

The porch

The mountains
 I am so excited to get away from school and work.  And other than the winding road part--car sickness--I love a road trip.

{Heads up, this is going to seem very random at first, but I promise it ties in.}

Growing up on the east coast, our family always vacationed in Maine.  To me, Maine is the most beautiful place ever, so clean and fresh.  Yup, those are strange words to describe a place, but it just seems like there is less pollution and other nastiness in Maine. The sign at the state line says it best.

photo credit

In Maine, you can actually smell the ocean and woods, not car exhaust.  Just look at these pictures I took on one of our vacations not too long ago.


The oreo cows


The harbor

So when he took me to North Carolina for the first time, I thought to myself "Hey, it's just like Maine, only warmer!"  Needless to say, I am counting the days until we go!

(P.S. After reading that post, maybe I have missed my calling as a travel agent or state tourism person, hmmm...)

Weekend Update:


We went to see X-Men First Class over the weekend.  Overall, it was really good. I would definitely recommend it.

M

No comments:

Post a Comment