Monday, June 13, 2011

Books and Blogs

Well I did it again. I need to master the art of reading and being able to put the book down. I just get sucked in. It's a problem. Seeing as I procrastinated today because of it. But what am I about to do once I finish this post? Read another book.


Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen is about a girl who was forced to grow up too quickly and finds herself on a quest to reclaim some of her childhood the summer before college. Sarah Dessen is one of our favorite authors. Or should I say used to be. Don't get me wrong this book was great and she is a great writer but they are becoming a little too juvenile for us. O well. I will still read them. Also her plots are all very similar. I also hate the cover. It does not relate to the story line at all.



Goddess of Spring by P.C. Cast is the book I'm about to start. I'll let you know how it goes. Well while I was just finding the link for this book I realized that it is not the first in the series but the second. Woops! I'll probably read it anyway. Cast also writes the House of Night novels that M and I read.

By the way I returned the other books that would have broken my rule. Couldn't find any motivation to read them. I went to the library on Sunday and it is so hard to find books! It's just such a random process its annoying.

Blog time. I have been loving the food blogs lately, baking especially. Look I made that is one of my new found faves. Lottie and Doof is another one of my faves. I just drool. Actually it's making me really hungry. Knit1Slip1 also posts lots of food related stuff. Cast Iron Darling is another one that I frequent. Check them out! I'll of course let you know when I finally make a dessert from them. That will be soon actually because lil bro's bday and fathers day is coming up. Can't wait!

Happy Monday,

Riz

No comments:

Post a Comment