Monday, September 26, 2011

Ombre

So I have been wanting to do something to my hair to spruce it up for a little bit now.  So when I saw this whole ombre thing all over the place I was like "Hey, that might be something to try".  And since it's just the ends, in my mind it isn't as huge of a commitment as doing all over color.  However, there is no way in hell a penny pincher like me is going to go to a salon to get my hair dyed, I don't even go to get my hair cut anymore, Rizzy does it for me!

So I decided to do some googling and sure enough there were tons of blogs and youtube videos of DIY ombre hair dying.  After doing my research I decided to just go for it.  I didn't even consult Riz first (big step people)!

I went to Wal-Mart and picked up a highlighting kit. L'oreal Super Blonde in bleach blonde to be exact.  It was around $8.
photo credit


And at 10:30 last night, I put my big girl panties on and decided to just give it a go.

Here is my before picture...
Kitty Daddy was in bed already which is why I was attempting to take pics of my hair by myself.

And my after pic...

Ta-Da! And I know you are all super jealous of my sweet work shirt, yum. (heavy on the sarcasm)

So it was super simple.  I just divided my hair into four sections and rubbed the bleach in to about chin/shoulder length.  I let it marinate for a half hour, rinsed and dried the ends, then put more bleach in focusing more on the ends this time to try and get more of a color gradation (not 100% that's the word I'm looking for but I'm going to go with it).  Super easy for anyone who is thinking about trying it!

Happy Monday,
M

No comments:

Post a Comment