Thursday, September 8, 2011

Apple Picking!





Kitty Daddy and I had the best day ever!  It started out with Riz and I deciding to not go to school today.  The most responsible decison, eh probs not. But there is nothing better than a day off from school.

It is getting cold here, only about 60 degrees today. It was misting and chilly all day.  Fall is definitely in the air.  So Kitty Daddy and I decided to go to a local apple orchard to check out what they had.  He wasn't down to go pick some apples cause of the weather, but when a promise of an apple pie of sorts was thrown out there, his tune changed! Food people, is the best bargaining chip out there.

Of course once we got out there, the orchard was deserted cause apparently no one wants to go apple picking in the rain.  But we had a blast.  We were testing all the apples and walked out of there with 5 pounds of apples.  At only 97 cents a pound, we got tons of delicious apples and a half gallon of cider for under $10.  Ah-mazing.

To top it all off, we went on an expedition last night to get some documentaries from the library.  In preparation for my library trip, I went online earlier in the week to update my info on my library card since I haven't used it since early high school.  Totally shot myself in the foot though cause even though our mailing address is in the same town, our "physical address" is in a different town.  So the librarian said I had to go get a library card at the other towns library.  But they have some kind of deal where they accept the other towns library card, we just had to register the new card.  So off we went to get the proper library card and made it back in time to check out our documentaries.

So far we have watched 3 of the 4.

photo credit
First we watched Man On Wire.  So good! An amazing story!
photo credit

Next we watched Enron: The Smartest Guys In The Room.  Another great one! It was really interesting to hear what all actually went down with this scandal.
photo credit

And we just finished watching Grizzly Man. This one was not what I had expected.  But we both really enjoyed it.  Even though I don't agree with too much human interaction with wild animals because in the long run it can be detrimental to the animal, I loved Timothy Treadwell's passion for animals.

Anywho, the moral of this long post.
A. Skipping school is a great time
B. Apple picking is amazing
C. The library has the best selection of documentaries, don't even bother with Blockbuster.

Happy Thursday,
M

No comments:

Post a Comment