Wednesday, August 3, 2011

From my beautiful friend...

My lovely friend just took an amazing trip to Africa where she volunteered. I just saw her for the first time yesterday since she got back and she gave me these wonderful gifts.



The first are a pair of slippers! She picked them up from a lady making them on the side of the road in Turkey. They are knitted! I absolutely love them. It is so neat to think that women all over the world enjoy this craft. It looks like she knit them in the round with some sock shaping in the end and she did some fair isle colorwork! They are beautiful.

The next are a pair of earrings made by a tribe member in Africa! They are feathers as you can see. They are also absolutely beautiful.

It's so neat to have handmade things from places you have never been.

Thank you love they are beautiful,

R

No comments:

Post a Comment