Sunday, October 2, 2011

The Rose Garden


The Rose Garden by Susanna Kearsley documents the life of a woman who just lost her sister and travels to their childhood summer home in England. Here she finds mysteries and eventually love.

This was a good story written by Kearsley. I was so excited to see this on my recommended reading list on kindle that I bought it! I don't think it was as good as her others that I have read, but definitely still worth reading.

In other book news. I read today that the last of the Night World series by L.J. Smith has been on hold for over a decade.. I haven't looked into it further but that would explain why I can't find it. Sort of strange. And irritating because the whole series has been building up to this book. No closure. I hate that.

Next in book news, The Best of Me by Nicholas Sparks comes of Oct.11th! I can't wait.

Last in book news. The next trilogy in the Vampire Diaries series is The Hunters: Phantom. The odd part about this is that I read that this series is not actually being written by L.J. Smith, but a ghost writer... I really hope its not weird or disjointed. Unlike my sister I LOVE these books. Elena loves Stephan, but also loves his dark brother Damon.. I'm a sucker for the bad boys that have a weak spot for only the heroine. And this book is a continuation of that love triangle. That book comes out the 25th I believe. I can't wait for that either! Please don't disappoint!

Almost forgot, I looked into whether Deborah Harkness is coming out with a sequel and she is! I don't know how long it's going to take but it can't come soon enough.

Speaking of loving the bad boys... This seems to be a reoccurring interest with me. It seems my favorite books involve woman that win over the bad boys. Except don't try to play this out in real life, it doesn't work. They're deemed bad for a reason, no matter how tempting the challenge may seem. Word of advice ladies, steer clear, unfortunately life isn't like a fairytale, be safe and go with the nice sweet ones.

Yours,

Riz

PS: Ya I read this book through the night and ya my alarm is going off in o 2 hours and 15 minutes cause Lyd and I are going to ikea.. Shhh don't tell her!

No comments:

Post a Comment