Sunday, May 29, 2011

Done-Zo

Happy Sunday!

photo credit
 I finally finished Three Weeks With My Brother by Nicholas and Micah Sparks in the wee hours of this morning. (sidenote, kinda liking the name Micah. Am I alone in this?) I've been reading this book for a minute now and last night just sat down and read and read and read until I was done.  I know Riz didn't give it a rave review but I must disagree. 

The beginning was a little slow for me, I wasn't super interested in his early childhood.  However, the book definintely picked up and I got into it.  I love his style of writing and he brought me to tears a few times towards the end and overall kept me entertained. 

I am on the same page as my sister in the fact that I don't like when my mental image is influenced. I totally ruined the Twilight series for myself when I obsessively read the Stephenie Meyer website during a summer waiting for the next book to come out.  After that I could hear her "voice" in her writing and it was no longer my Bella narrating her love story, it was Stephenie Meyer impersonating the Bella I had created--bummer.  However, Three Weeks With My Brother didn't ruin my image.  It just gave a little background info, like "huh, that's where he got that idea". 

Anywho, I give it my stamp of approval and would definitely recommend it if you are in need of a book to read poolside!


photo credit
 M

No comments:

Post a Comment